Menlo Park Fire Protection District
Community Crisis Management
East Palo Alto
Where the Community Clicks!
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Public Safety Assistance Team (PSAT)
- Community Preparedness Team (C-PREP)
- Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD)
Spanish Website (computer translation)
Make a Plan - Get a Kit - CommunicateJoin your neighbors and become a CCM member!
- Formerly known as just CERT, the program has expanded to include all levels of community volunteer disaster response, tying in with existing community organizations - Community Crisis Management
- neighborhood-based teams - ages 16 and older
- earthquake preparedness - firefighting - first aid and medical triage - search and rescue - damage assessment - gas and electric control - traffic & crowd management - emergency communications - pet preparedness - flood response - wildfire - firefighter rehabilitation
- all classes taught by professional responders and experienced volunteers - practical, hands-on learning activities
- sponsored by Menlo Park Fire Protection District, the State of California, and FEMA
- learn how CERT teams work together following a disaster (see video)
Take FEMA's Introduction to CERT online course to learn more. (Note: not a substitute for the basic CERT course taught by the Menlo Park Fire District.